This webinar, the second in our “Close Reading” series, models a proven strategy for crafting text-dependent questions and follows up on our earlier “Text Talk” webinar and our 6 step guide to crafting great text-dependent questions. Enjoy!
Download the resources referenced in this webinar here, including:
- Webinar PowerPoint slides: share these slides with your colleagues
- Crafting text-dependent question worksheet: use this graphic organizer to help you draft your text-dependent questions
- Close reading example: The Kairos Mechanism: check out this set of LearnZillion lessons, which demonstrate how a sequence of text-dependent questions has been turned into close reading lessons that are ready to be used with students. Find thousands of additional examples on LearnZillion.com.
- Guide to creating text-dependent questions from Student Achievement Partners: use this excellent resource to jump-start the process of writing and planning with text-dependent questions
- Checklist for evaluating question quality from Student Achievement Partners: use this checklist to evaluate the quality of your text-dependent questions
Like what you see?